We feel very strongly that school is a partnership between pupils, parents, staff and governors and that by working together we can motivate pupils to succeed in all areas of their development. Therefore, our vision statement captures this aspiration:
In 2016 we revisited our School Vision to be more representative of what we would like a child to look like by the time they leave us at the end of Year 6. Following discussion with staff, pupils, parents and governors the following statement was agreed:
We feel these are umbrella terms for lots of key life skills which are needed by all pupils. The vision is explored by all pupils regularly and referred to during lessons at school and during our assemblies so that pupils are clear as to what we are all working towards.
School Aims and Values
At Kirkstead Junior Academy we are passionate about teaching and learning and we are proud of our achievements. Not only do we strive for excellence by aiming high, we also know learning should be fun too. We want all members of our school community to thoroughly enjoy what we do in our school. We continually strive to make Kirkstead Junior Academy a school that:
- Provides a secure and caring environment in which everyone is equally appreciated, enabling everyone to succeed in achieving their potential.
- Provides a wide and stimulating curriculum to foster enquiring minds and an enjoyment of learning.
- Actively promotes the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- All pupils and adults feel respected and valued.
- Provides a happy and stimulating environment that encourages high expectations and achievement.
- Actively encourages pupils not only to take responsibility for themselves, but helps prepare them in becoming increasingly independent and good citizens in the future.